Labels

Monday, November 26, 2012

Not my cup of tea

What a morning! Oh, it's a Monday morning lest I forget. I often wonder why Monday mornings are generally dull for me. Could it be because of the weekend hibernation? Perhaps. As a matter of fact Monday is my least favorite day of the week. And this particular Monday feels no different.

To begin with, I didn't feel like getting out of bed this morning. Physically I felt all beat up - a result of domestic chores all weekend long! Anyway, after the usual morning routine and a cup of tea, I dragged myself to the office. Despite the workload on my desk, the first hour-and-a half felt like ages for I was in a daze - like a zombie. Usually a cup of tea brightens me up, but this morning I needed two more cups of tea just to shake the cobwebs off my brain. By the time I was up and running it was already mid-morning!

Only a few people I know love Mondays. So it doesn't seem to affect me alone after all. Through trial and error I discovered that morning stretches or skipping (jump rope) exercises do me wonders. Unfortunately, I wasn't up to the morning exercises this morning. I guess that partly explains why my morning was so hazy!


No comments:

Post a Comment